Who is behind aBible.com and what do you believe?
aBible.com is a non-profit Christian ministry that seeks to uplift Jesus Christ through the Bible, God's word, so that everyone will be drawn to Him.
The Basic Core Beliefs of aBible.com:
- We believe that God's family is large and that His children are spread among all denominations. He even has honest seekers outside of Christianity. However, we believe certain churches practice the Christian faith according to the Bible better than others.
- The Bible is God's inspired word, the only rule of faith and practice for the Christian.
- Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God and is man's only Savior.
- Salvation comes as a free gift of grace through the shed blood of Jesus. He paid the penalty for our sins so that we might have the gift of His pure life.
- God calls believers to accept Christ not only as their Savior from sin, but also as the Lord
and ruler of their life. The Bible provides lifestyle principles so that believers can rightly
represent their Lord.
- Bible prophecy reveals that we are living in the last days and that Jesus is soon to return.
- We seek to make everything on this site non-denominational and completely Biblical. Our goal is to share the truth as it is in Jesus, and not just what a certain church teaches. However we personally attend the Seventh-day Adventist Church. We feel our church practices the Christian faith according to the Bible better than most we have seen. And our personal beliefs match their Fundamental Beliefs.
The People Behind aBible.com - Abundant Bible Study:
I am the father of this father-son Internet ministry. I am a retired physician who is a born again Christian in love with Jesus. I have a real burden to share God's great love for this fallen world. My conversion stemmed from a Billy Graham Crusade. The various Bible studies offered on this Internet ministry have been such a blessing to me in my walk with Jesus that I want very much to share these blessings with others. The devotional material is the result of my quiet time with the Master and is such a blessing to me that again I must share these rich blessings from our precious God with those who are seeking Him. I believe the Bible from beginning to end. Among my many favorite Bible verses, I will close with Acts 20:32: "And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified."
I am the son of this family Internet ministry. I help with the technical parts of the ministry: web page design and maintenance. Currently I am in full-time ministry, working with churches and holding Bible prophecy seminars. My father was converted when I was six. He is a vibrant, active Christian and his influence was very instrumental in my conversion. I was baptized when I was eight after completing several sets of Bible studies on my own in Richmond, Kentucky. I was not truly converted however as I had some head knowledge of God, but not heart knowledge. God has been seeking me all of my life and I have felt His working. When I was a teenager, I was at Christian School and I experienced for the first time a living relationship with God. This was the first time I had morning devotions in a serious and regularly way. Looking back I can see how God was working in many ways. I was reading through the Desire of Ages a powerful book on the life of Christ for the first time. God opened my eyes to my own sinfulness and how much I need a savior. I realized how Holy Jesus really was and how much He cared for others. I more fully understood how Jesus took my place at the cross and how he wants me to trust Him. I began a spiritual journal and my spiritual nature was feed in a whole new systematic way. A new trust and faith in God was the result of this experience. I also learned how to receive the victory over sin. I more fully understand righteousness by faith and how it is that God saves us. My walk with God began.
If you have any questions send mail to: Fred Gibbs & Arthur Gibbs